Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Decay



Decay. I think this is my favorite photo of the shoot. I love the pattern in the paint and metal. I love how the pealing paint is in focus, but you can still tell this is an abandoned area from the old structure in the background. I turned it back and white because the colors were all the same- Yellow paint, Yellow rust. I love how you aren't really sure what is in the background, but you know it isn't something normal.

Shutter Speed 1/320
Aperture f/9.0
ISO 100
I took out the roof part, but I couldn't take out the ground area. I'm not sure why. I think I like the little extra at the bottom. This is my least favorite from the post. I'm not a wide angle type of person. I like the little things. This photo has rule of thirds and repeated lines. I wish the dark window wasn't write there, I think it takes away from the shadow. I wish the colors were brighter. This wasn't an accident shot, but it wasn't one I had intended to turn out good. Surprise!

Shutter Speed 1/200
Aperture f/8.0
ISO 100



This shot is a great pattern. I like the flaking paint on the washed out wood. I wish the wood had a more contrasting color. I like the harshness of the shadows. I wish the depth of field was wider. I took a lot of paint shots and I think this is the best.

Shutter Speed 1/320
Aperture f/9.0
ISO 100

I love this shot. I think it portrays "decay" well. There is repeated color and contrast with the blue and yellow. I choose to keep the nail in the middle of the shot, because otherwise it seems too... Cluttered. I like the emptiness of the lone nail in a piece of rotted wood.

Shutter Speed 1/320
Aperture f/9.0
ISO 100

1 comment:

  1. I love all of these :) I think my favorite would be the one with the tree shadow. It's so cool!

    ReplyDelete