Monday, April 29, 2013

Silhouettes

Over the weekend, not only did I get pulled over for the first time, I also had some- not so rewarding- progress with startrails. This is the moon, although you can't really tell. I like this shot because you can still see the stars around the moon. I like the contrasting trees. I hate how noise it is (I swear the shutter wasn't open that long!). 

Shutter Speed 18
Aperture f/4.5
ISO 100

This is the sun. I love the eeriness of this shot. It's very scary looking with the bright sun and dark background. I honestly didn't intend for this to be a silhouette, I was just figuring out my camera settings. I think it turned out well. I'm still deciding whether or not I like the sun flare. The blue it adds is nice, but it looks a little funny. It also doesn't add the the composition, in my opinion. If you look at the photo info you can tell it was a VERY bright day.

Shutter Speed 1/4000
Aperture f/29.0
ISO 100

I like the contrast from the wild tree to the straight lined and uniform power line. It has some leading lines going on and rule of thirds. This shot is noise, too. Silhouettes don't like me apparently. I took this mid afternoon when it was extremely bright. I didn't want to risk waiting until the sunset since all weekend the sunsets were cloudy.  I wish the sky was more dramatic with the clouds or in colors.  This is my favorite of the silhouettes!

Shutter Speed 1/1600
Aperture f/11
ISO 100

No comments:

Post a Comment