Thursday, June 6, 2013

Personality Portrait

I love this picture, because it is calm. I added a filter to soften it, which I think helps. I like the dramatic lighting even though it isn't a low key. I boosted the red and took out some of the green- but it didn't do much. I like the difference in texture. You can see his skin compared to the tree. His skin to his shirt. I think this picture turned out well.

Shutter Speed 1/160
Aperture f/5.6
ISO 800


I thought I'd play around with high key. Yeah- that didn't go as well as I thought. This is defiantly a good "personality" portrait seeing as Zach has his crazy eyes on for this shot. I hate facial hair- especially his ;) So that is one of my pet peeves for this shot. If he had a full on beard it might help the craziness of the shot... But is little stubble doesn't do much. The hardest thing for me with high key is my problem with the whites. I think it looks really bright and unnatural- which is the point- but I don't really like it.

Shutter Speed- 1/60
Aperture- f/5.6
ISO- 800

No comments:

Post a Comment