Thursday, June 6, 2013

Self Portraits

I love- LOVE- this picture. It is amazing! I like the whole mysterious mood. Sadly, this wasn't my original idea- Thanks for the idea :) The reflection picture itself is a really dramatic picture with one light source. I did this in photoshop by pasting the original picture into a new layer and then erasing the picture until it looked like a reflection. I used to hate using photoshop, but after this year I'm realizing it's a great tool to help tell a story.


I'm less excited about this picture. This is my original idea. It is supposed to be me drawing myself. I think the face is too white to look like it was drawn on this paper. There was also some trouble with the angle of the paper and the angle of my face. To get the pencil and hand over my face, I just pasted into a new layer and erased around it. This is a very dramatic picture.

2 comments:

  1. That top photo is SOOO COOL! Great job gettingg that too look just right-not in your face, not too obvious-just great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't notice your reflection right away! Thats an amazing picture!!

    ReplyDelete