Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Evidence of Winter

This photo was looking really good, but now it's like every time I look at it I like it less and less. Converting it to Black and White was difficult, because I wanted the needles darker and not that splotch in the background. When I darkened highlights and lightened the shadows, it made the white a grey-ish color. So, eventually I found a happy medium. This is a photo for evidence. It's evidence there is a lot of ice and snow, and will probably have a snow day (which we did).

Shutter Speed 1/60
Aperture f4.5
ISO 1600

This was a difficult photo. Thinking I had nothing, I nearly deleted it! But, I figured I'd mess with the highlights first. I actually got a good photo! It fallows rule of thirds and I like the contrast in it. This is also evidence of a snow day! Wooh! 

Shutter Speed 1/125
Aperture f4.5
ISO 800


 This isn't my favorite photo from the shoot, but it's editing turned out the best. I like the contrast and the darkness of the pine needles. There was a face in the leafs in the left bottom corner. I tried to get rid of it because it creeped me out- bad! I like how there is a line of imperfect symmetry (on one side you have the pine, and the other you have the maple, or whatever). This is also evidence of snow! 

Shutter Speed 1/125
Aperture f5.0
ISO 1600

No comments:

Post a Comment