Thursday, March 7, 2013

Reflections

Reflection

     I was sitting in class wondering about how I was going to do reflections. I wanted to do something more original then the average water/ice shot. At first I was thinking, I can take some pictures of some melting ice that have a reflection of something in it. Then I was like, No- that's not original. So, I was left with nothing. I started of think of things that have reflections: glasses, televisions, eyes, windows, and last- but the most obvious- mirrors. I wanted something creative. I was going to take pictures of some lonely glasses with the reflection of a book inside. Once I set the shot up, I hated it.

    After many long hours of thought, I realized I was a reflection of my mom. I was going to take a picture of me and then her looking into a mirror- my body with my mom's reflection. This would be a symbol of how old she is, how young I am. And how, one day (far from now), I will be old like her. It's like a flash forward to the future. When I told her about my amazing idea, she refused to get her picture taken (thanks, mom)!

Finally, I came up with similar ideas to this picture. Me in normal clothes, and then looking all bad- because girls spend forever getting ready and they feel like they look the same as when the wake up. Me in a martial arts uniform (all serious), and then me dancing all wildly- because sometimes you have to keep yourself composed and calm even when you want to fidget and dance. This picture was by far my favorite idea. We spend forever getting ready for the dance, but in the end you still may feel like you look bad (even though it's not true). Something I wish I would have done differently, my hair. I wanted to curl it, but I took a shower and didn't have time. At the last second, I remembered my flower thingy from prom.

Shutter Speed 1/40
Aperture f7.1
ISO 200



    This picture didn't turn out as well. One, my arm is in the way of the mirror, which made this a harder edit. Two, my arm (not in the reflection) is shaped a little off, because I erased part of the reflection to fit it into the mirror. In between my hand and my pants, you can see the mirror reflection from before. When I tried to clone that part out my hand morphed into this deformed mess... So I left it, in hopes no one notices. This picture doesn't have as much value "emotionally" value as the one above. I think this is just I'm going to school, but I'm super tired and I want to lay back down. I tried to pick a picture with a reflection that looked less distgusted and more tired- hence the hair in the face.                 


Shutter Speed 1/40 
Aperture f7.1 
ISO 200

2 comments:

  1. Great concept and I liked that you really had to work thru several ideas to finally arrive at a wonderful image. Good Work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is probably the coolest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete